We are grateful to Donegal Insurance for their generous sponsorship of the Three Creek Century and Central Pennsylvania Bicycling Trifecta.
We welcome Phoenix Physical Therapy as the sponsor of the free bandanas provided to each registrant.
THE HBC THREE CREEK CENTURY - SEPTEMBER 5-20, 2020
2020 Virtual Three Creek Century – A Success!
Due to restrictions concerning COVID-19, the Three Creek Century became a virtual ride this year, with cyclists riding alone or in small groups from Sept. 5-20.
The response to this format has been overwhelming with 277 people registering for the event! HBC truly appreciates their support, as the Three Creek Century is the primary source of funds for the club. Thanks to all of you who registered!
The Century also offered small group rides with HBC leaders. A total of 16 different rides were offered with attendance ranging from 2 to 11 people each. Total attendance was 94 riders. Many were members who normally volunteer at the Century event, and they appreciated having the opportunity to experience each of the routes on multiple days. Some registrants did their first Century ride ever, thanks to the encouragement of the leaders, and those who participated enjoyed the scenic routes. We are also very grateful to the people who volunteered to be ride leaders, including Mark Dolheimer, Keith Douglass, Howard Ross, Maggie Emery, Lou Searles, Susan Tussey, Alicia Reigel, Marilyn Chastek, Jim Mader and Chris Wright
We are especially grateful to:
- Donegal Insurance Group, the Trifecta and Three Creek Century sponsor
- Phoenix Physical Therapy, who sponsored the special edition bandana that will be mailed to all registrants in October.
- Wegmans and Hershey Foods, who donated the snack bars that were provided to the people who participated in the group rides.
- Dan Christ, Megan Barto and Terry Drachbar who planned the routes and provided the GPS directions and cue sheets. They also marked the roads along with help from Terry Neiles, and Karen and Michael Finkenbinder.
- Kelly Szymczyk, who also gets kudos for handling registration, which turned out to be a unique challenge this year.
- The Three Creek Century Committee members who made the hard decision to go with the virtual event and did whatever they could to make it a success. These include Chris Wright, Dave and Lois Young, Diana Bermingham, Alicia Reigel, Terry Drachbar, Dan Christ, Megan Barto, Dick Norford, Howard Ross, Karen Nibbelink, Howard Ross, Nick Malawski, Kelly Szymczyk, Howard Davision and Ken Frohnert.
Hopefully, next year things will be back to normal and we will be able to have the Three Creek Century as a large, in-person event. Keep your fingers crossed and save the date: Sunday, September 19.