Planning Effective Legislative Visits
Wednesday, August 21
6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Bicycle South Central PA invites you to attend this free workshop that will offer important tips on how to make your visits to legislators really count.
The presenter is Gregory Paulson, Chief of Staff for Representative Mike Sturla’s office for past 8 years. He is also the part of the Lancaster Bikes! Board and is an avid bike rider who rides to work daily. He has noticed varying levels of success when talking with representatives and has created this workshop to give members of nonprofit organizations an overview on how to conduct outreach to legislators.
Topics to be covered include:
- Communications with the Rep/Senator to set up a meeting
- List of all relevant state Reps and committees likely to consider your issue
- Discussion re your attitude
- Choice of team leader and role of others on the team
- Discussing the topic of concern to you - what to include and what to avoid
- How to keep the Rep on topic
- Importance of data
- How to close out the session
The workshop will be held at Gilligan’s Bar and Grill, 987 Eisenhower Blvd., Harrisburg. This restaurant is southeast of Harrisburg and is conveniently located to the PA Turnpike, I-283, I-83, and Route 322. https://gilligansbarandgrill.net/locations-1
6:30 p.m. Registration and placement of dinner & beverage orders (optional and on your own)
7:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Workshop session
Registration is free but you must sign up by Monday, August 19 by using this link:
Questions? Contact Marilyn Chastek email@example.com 717-798-4537