Bicycle Maintenance Clinic begins January 12
Even if You've never had a wrench in your hand, come to our HBC Clinc
- To make you more comfortable as you ride, knowing that you can handle many on the road problems that can come up - and
- To be aware of maintenance needs to keep your bike in good running order.
- To learn about related issuesTo have a good time in the process!
The class is designed so that for each small group of learners, one "old pro” will be at your elbow to help when you need advice.
New Time: Saturday afternoon, 12:30 - 3:30 PM
Location: Lemoyne Borough Bldg
510 Herman Ave. Lemoyne, PA
Note: Parking lot and entrance are at the rear of the building
We’ve heard you! But keep talking!
- Time is short.
- I don’t have time to do bike repairs.
- I’m not even sure I want to do bike repair.
- Teach me enough to get me home when I’ve got a bike problem.
- How do I prepare for another flat?
- Can I really make minor adjustments on the road?
- I need to know more about taking care of my bike..
- I’d like to ask some questions of experienced riders.
- Can you help me adjust my helmet?
Subjects and dates are as follows:
Fixing a Flat, Safety Check: What I should carry on my bike. Bike fit & adjustments
Helmet Review & fit check: Recognizing bike problems & what to do.
Chain Review, Cleaning, Fix flat. Adjustments Why I like this bike.
Solving Individual Bike Problems Trying out biking exercise equipment Fix flat
A Change: For those bikers whose schedule or needs don’t fit the posted schedule, please ask. The clinic will offer additional tire repair sessions besides Jan 12. We also expect to have some show and tell subjects for your consideration.
Bring your bike, helmet, & bike tools you already own. Other tools will be available. You could bring a tube that needs a patch if you have one, as well as items that you know need replacing such as tires, chains, batteries for cyclometers, cables. Be sure you purchase the correct size from your local bike shop. Please bring paper towels or rags for cleaning, a few newspapers, and a small flat container to hold parts.
There is no fee for the clinic, but adults should consider membership in HBC and you will be expected to make a contribution to cover the expenses for coffee, doughnuts, solvents, and a few supplies. HBC membership is not required to attend but we really need to know that you’re coming.
Pre-registration is required by Jan 09, so we can know how much help is needed. It would also be helpful if you tell us one thing you really want to learn at the clinic as well as your phone # and or email address in case of snow.
Questions? Email Owen. Even if you’ve never pumped up a tire, it’s okay. Come on out and learn. If you’ve registered and find you cannot come to a session, email
to let him know, so that we won’t have instructors on duty that aren’t needed. Be responsible!