Another successful Three Creek Century!
Wow! It was a great turnout for the 2017 Three Creek Century on Sunday, Sept. 17. We had 569 registered riders who really enjoyed the quiet country roads we have to offer in our area. They came from various part of PA and from out-of-state as well. Many were first time riders. It was too bad there was a foggy start to the day which kept the riders from seeing some of the beautiful scenery along the routes, but they enjoyed the day nonetheless. HBC raised a total of $10,454 at this year's event.
Special thanks to:
- The Pedal Pusher, Recycle Bicycle and Cole's Bicycles for providing mechanical services to get riders back on the roads
- In Gear Cycling and Fitness who brought e-bikes for people to test ride.
- Wegmans who donated a $100 gift card.
- Lucas Mace of Mace Graphics, who created the t-shirt design.
- Giant Food Stores who donated the sandwiches for the Volunteer Day Ride and lunch
- Glenn Wareham who paid for supplies for the chicken corn soup.
- And all the donors of apples, pears, tomatoes and other fresh produce.
Of course, the Three Creek Century could not have happened without all the many wonderful volunteers who worked so hard to make this event a success. This includes all of the day of event volunteers, people who marked and swept the roads, cookie bakers and the Three Creek Century Committee, which includes:
- Dave and Lois Young, who make sure all the riders are well fed with home made chicken corn soup, hot dogs, walk away tacos and so much more.
- Terry Drachbar, who with help from his committee, did such an excellent job of planning the routes and marking them.
- Ed Reynolds, who took care of coordinating the many rest stops.
- Donna Finn, who handled all the registration functions.
- Dick Norford, who coordinated the parking and was at the firehouse at 5:30 a.m.!.
- Diana Bermingham who encouraged cookie bakers to contribute as many cookies as they could.
- Tim Roden, who handled publicity to recruit more riders.
- Matt Winslow and Dean Giger, who made sure our SAG drivers had what they needed.
- Howard Ross who did a great job of getting volunteers to sign up and assisted with ordering the t-shirts.
- And Marilyn Chastek, Century Chair, who is grateful to have all these experienced coordinators on the committee. They are a great group of people to work with,
See the Three Creek Century and HBC Facebook pages for photos and comments about the event.
Save the Date for the next Three Creek Century: Sunday, Sept. 16, 2018. Registration will open Jan. 1.
Good news! The Trifecta will also be returning for 2018! Watch for details.