We’re excited to announce the latest round of the HATS Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Count Program. We appreciate the help we’ve gotten for this effort over the past 4 years. The data collected has been used in studies and analyses throughout the region, such as the Camp Hill to Capital Corridor study and the Route 39 Corridor study. This effort depends on the help of people like you, and be assured it is greatly appreciated.
All the information and links necessary to help can be found at TCRPC’s Bike/Ped Planning Page, or at the links below. You can choose the times and intersections that work best for you.
The Fall 2018 HATS Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts will take place during the following dates and times:
· Sunday, September 30, 12-2 p.m.
· Tuesday, October 2, 4-6 p.m.
· Wednesday, October 3, 4-6 p.m.
· Thursday, October 4, 4-6 p.m.
· Saturday, October 6, 12-2 p.m.
The counts are being done as part of the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation project. For more information on NBPD in general, click here.
To perform the counts:
1. Print out the counting form (click here to download form) and bring other necessary items (pen/pencil, timer, etc).
2. Arrive at your designated location approximately 15 minutes before you are to begin counting.
3. Find a spot from which you can best view the entire intersection.
4. Count and record cyclists, pedestrians, and “others” (skateboarders, rollerbladers) as they enter the intersection on the form in 15 minute increments.
To view training slides on how to conduct bicycle and pedestrian counts, click here.
To view a list of the locations, with Google Maps links for each, click here.
To view a map of the locations, click here.
Anyone interested in signing up should visit our SignUpGenius page by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Bomberger.
Andrew Bomberger, AICP
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
112 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101
P: 717-234-2639 | F: 717-234-4058