Tri-County Regional Planning Commission is pleased to announce the Spring 2018 HATS Regional Bicycle and Pedestrian Counts will take place during the following dates and times:
· Sunday, May 13, 12-2 p.m.
· Tuesday, May 15, 4-6 p.m.
· Wednesday, May 16, 4-6 p.m.
· Thursday, May 17, 4-6 p.m.
· Saturday, May 19, 12-2 p.m.
The counts, conducted exclusively by volunteers, provide vital data to our region’s planners, decision makers, and anyone else interested in making walking and biking safer and more convenient in the HATS Region. The count locations were determined as a cooperative effort between HATS planning staff, the HATS Bike/Ped Task Force, and other local stakeholders.
The counts are being done as part of the National Bicycle and Pedestrian Documentation project. For more information on NBPD in general, click here.
To perform the counts:
1. Print out the counting form (click here to download form) and bring other necessary items (pen/pencil, timer, etc).
2. Arrive at your designated location approximately 15 minutes before you are to begin counting.
3. Find a spot from which you can best view the entire intersection.
4. Count and record cyclists, pedestrians, and “others” (skateboarders, rollerbladers) as they enter the intersection on the form in 15 minute increments.
To view training slides on how to conduct bicycle and pedestrian counts, click here.
To view a list of the locations, with Google Maps links for each, click here.
To view a map of the locations, click here.
Anyone interested in signing up should visit our SignUpGenius page by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please contact Andrew Bomberger.
Tri-County Regional Planning Commission
112 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101
P: 717-234-2639 | F: 717-234-4058