Once again the HBC will be holding Ride Leader Training Socials. TO ENSURE OUR HBC LEADERS ARE UP TO DATE WE FEEL IT IS NECESSARY FOR OUR RIDE LEADERS TO TAKE RIDE LEADER TRAINING AT LEAST ONCE EVERY 3 YEARS. (After 3 years you no longer qualify for Ride Leader gifts or a free banquet – see below). The OPS Committee along with the Ride and Ride Leadership Committee is working to keep the quality, safety and enjoyment in our rides and events along with consistency. It is our ride leaders that set the tone, safety and enjoyment on each HBC ride. Again as our thank you all Current HBC Approved and Trained Ride Leaders that have led 5 rides with submitted ride reports from January to November 2018 qualify to go to our banquet at the Radisson in November for free! Not a leader or not currently trained?
Two Ride Leader Training Socials are being offered in the spring with others to follow if needed. Information about what is expected in a ride leader and in the participants, safety guidelines, PA laws, what to look out for when leading a group ride, HBC ride protocols, trouble shooting, current club insurance, ride leader thank you gifts, etc. will be discussed. These trainings will be informal with an open format to encourage lots of discussion. The OPS Committee highly encourages all current ride leaders and anyone interested in becoming a ride leader to attend.
Wednesday April 11, 2018 at 6:30 PM / RSVP by April 4th
Location: Mechanicsburg Presbyterian Church / 300 E. Simpson St. Mechanicsburg, PA. 17055
Wednesday April 18, 2018 at 6 PM / RSVP by April 11th
Location: Paxton Presbyterian Church / 3500 Sharon St, Harrisburg, PA 17111
RESISTER TO ATTEND:
To register please include:
1. Which training you are registering for ONE or TWO
3. Email address
4. Phone number
5. Area you wish to lead rides
6. Ride category you wish to lead
7. If you are a current ride leader
8. If you have taken HBC ride leader training in the past
9. Any questions or concerns you wish to be covered at the training
When did I take the Ride Leader Training last?
· Go to www.harrisburgbicycleclub.org
· Click on Members Only tab
· In the drop down menu Click on Ride Scheduling System
· In the next menu that pops up Click on Trained Ride Leaders
· There you will find the members that took Ride Leader Training each year and when their training expires.